Money & management matters
Treasurer: Derrick Martin
Marsha Phoenix Memorial Trust is a Charitable Company Limited by Guarantee and is regulated by the Charities Commission and Companies House.
Registered Charity number: 1063698
Registered Company number: 2552186
Our Auditors are:
Hedley Dunk Chartered Accountants,
Our Bankers since 1979 have been HSBC Bank, Lewisham Branch
Copies of our audited accounts are available on request by telephoning the Director, on 020 8 691 5911
A voluntary Executive Committee which meets every eight weeks manages MPMT. The members are elected annually at our Annual General Meeting. Anyone interested in becoming a member of the Executive Committee is welcome to contact us for consideration.
We are currently funded by several different sources:
- A PIHT (previously, Supporting People) grant from the London Borough of Lewisham. This covers most of our staffing costs and support activities.
- Rental income charged to residents. This covers the expenses associated with running and managing the hostels.
- Until June 2015 we received Community Sector funding from the London Borough of Lewisham, which covered some of the "Extras" we provide for our residents such as: food, social events, welfare costs and part of our Education Project. We are now fundraising to replace the money lost when this support ended. Please see our event pages.
- The Education Project has also been funded variously by the Church Urban Fund, Hilden foundation and the Goldsmiths Company.
- Comic Relief have funded our IT, health and safety, and management functions from 2017 to 2019.
- London and Quadrant Housing Association own our second stage hostel. They pay us an allowance to staff and manage it on their behalf.
- "Awards for All” Lottery funding from August 2019